Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The ribbon


Do you remember when you were young and you competed in something and you couldn't wait to bring all your ribbons home to show off???? To me it didn't matter what color the ribbon was. It was just the fact that I had done something and been recognized with a ribbon. Well, this ribbon is one I wish I never would have received. It is a beautifully designed ribbon. The artist definitely captured the "spirit" behind this ribbon. 12 years ago today I "earned" this ribbon as my precious Lilly Marie was placed in my arms. She had 10 perfect toes, 10 perfect fingers and the cutest button nose I ever saw. She was missing one major component: a beating heart. Yes, this is the ribbon that symbolizes infant/pregnancy loss. 12 years later and I still question why. 12 years later and not a day goes by that I don't think about her. To Lilly, thank you for the signs you continue to send me letting me know you are always with me. Continue to fly high and watch over us. Your family loves and misses you. You are forever in our hearts.

1 comment:

Jen said...

love you, lilly.

the makeover of your blog looks nice =) very merry for the holidays. =)