Thursday, November 25, 2010

Bittersweet

We started the morning off with a big ol' breakfast. 15 pancakes, 1lb bacon, 15 sausage links, 6 scrambled eggs, 1 omelet, and 5 cinnamon rolls later, and our tummies were full. We were originally scheduled to go out for Thanksgiving, but the weather did not look promising so we decided to just stay home. Right after breakfast, the 18lb. turkey went into the oven. I went to set the timer and it hit me--14 years ago our precious Lilly Marie was born silently on this very same day. Oh, how I wish the outcome would have been different. She was perfect and had the cutest little button nose I had ever seen. Time does not heal all wounds, it just makes it a bit more tolerable. I continued on making the food, stuffing, mushrooms, corn, green beans, broccoli, mashed potatoes, turkey soup, gravy and macaroni and cheese. For whatever reason, the food this year tasted the best it has for a very long time. Before we started to eat, we went around the table and each of us told what we were thankful for. It was heart warming to hear my children talk about being thankful to be part of a big family. It was also very heart warming to hear them talk of their sister angel above. Happy Thanksgiving everybody and Lilly, continue to fly high. I know you know how much you are loved and missed.

No comments: