Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bestill my heart

Yesterday I learned that a team member was promoted to a team lead. This particular team member just turned 21 and she will be handling the Health and Beauty section of our store. It seems like most of the brand new team leads start out in that area. I was walking past this team member last night and she told me she wanted to tell me something. I asked her what is was and here is what she said, "You know, I had to meet with our district manager as one of my interviews. He asked me which team lead at our store exemplifies Target and why. I told him hands down that is Team Lead Jill. I told him you are the most dedicated person I know. I told him that when you commit to something you get it done. I told him when somebody comes to you with a problem you don't just blow smoke at that person, you listen with concern and care and follow up and make sure the problem has been resolved." I was speechless. I could not believe that I had made such an impression on a 21 year old. I thanked her and told her I am there for her every step of the way. Wow, I am still blown away by her kind words.

No comments: