Friday, January 28, 2011

I've adopted

Yes, you read that right. I felt there was enough love in my heart for just one more, so I decided to adopt a soldier serving overseas. My soldier's name is Chris, he is going to be 21 years old this year, and he is from Mississippi. He is the same age as Jeffrey. I am just finishing up my first letter and care package to him. I'm excited about my new "son". Did you know you can send a 40 lb. package to any APO address for just 12.75? I am sending him baby wipes. Sounds weird, I know, but they don't get to take showers everyday and the baby wipes help them to feel refreshed. So, tomorrow morning when you step into your shower to wash the stink off your body, please think of my new "son". Remember to say a prayer for him, too. And when you go to bed, say a prayer for him, too. For while we sleep in the comfort of our own beds, he is on the move in the middle of nowhere fighting for you and me.

1 comment:

J said...

God bless you....this warms my heart more than you will ever know. :)