Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Hate This

So today I gathered up all the items we have purchased for Ash and went to the post office to send them. As you can imagine there are quite a few items. I could ship up to 20 lbs for the "nominal fee" of just under $60.00. The catch is all 20lbs need to fit in a certain size box. To be able to fit everything I bought one of those space bags, sucked the air out of the bag and amazingly it all fit in the box and it was just under 20lbs. Yeah for me!! I get up to the window and am politely told that I can't send the items in the space bag. Apparently it does not fit the bill if the box has to be inspected by customs. The guy at the post office was really nice and even gave me a tissue to wipe my tears. I don't know what I am going to do now. To send everything it will cost about $120.00. That could be $120.00 towards more items for Ash. I thought about just returning a lot of the stuff, but I have been accumulating it over time and much of it can not be returned so I will be out that money, but more importantly all of the items we have hand selected for him, our first grandson/nephew. It shouldn't be this way. I hate this.

No comments: