Saturday, October 3, 2009

Holy Crap, it's October!!

I can't believe how fast the days are flying by. It is a sad state of affairs when you work for a company that has Halloween down one aisle and Christmas down the next. Seriously people, do you really need to buy Christmas decorations in October?? I can MAYBE make a case for cards, especially if you have a lot to send out, but come on, really?? We have been super busy at work and my new position keeps me very busy. In two weeks I will be taking my grocery manager's licensure test. I will be glad when it is over. I have to be sure to bring a government issued ID. Apparently people in the past have tried to take the test for other people. I am absolutely loving teaching the boys at home. I can't believe we are nearing the six week mark for school. It is so neat to see the smiles on their faces. Our weather has turned cold here, so the last couple of days we have gone to school in our nice warm jammies and read/completed our lessons wrapped up in blankets. Jennifer is very busy with school and work. She is working on quite a big endeavor which will hopefully pan out for her. We won't know for a few more months if she's in or out, but as soon as we know, we will annouce it on here. (Sorry for keeping you in suspense, but I have been sworn to secrecy!) She and I will be attending a bridal fair on October25, so that will be fun. Jeffrey is busy with school, work and girlfriend. He bought her a beautiful diamond necklace for their two year anniversary. Yep, I raised my boys to treat their women right and not be afraid to go into a jewelry store. LOL!!! Stephen is busy with work and gaming. David is busy with life. As for me, I am thankful for the good days and am a trooper on the bad days. Getting out of the warehouse has definitely helped with the muscle fatigue, but I still have days when the pain is unbearable. On those days, ibuprofen is my best friend and unfortunately vicodin is my friend on others. Very soon I will be posting pictures of our "one room school house" as well as our homegrown pumpkins:)

No comments: