Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Cruise Day One

Sunday, June 20, 2o1o

While most of the world treated this like any other day, we were about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime. I was so organized with everything UNTIL the last day. Thank goodness for an extra suitcase! The van picked us up at 10 and we were OFF!


It was nearly a two hour ride to Miami, but nobody cared. We were ready to get on that boat! As we approached the Port of Miami, my dad pointed and said, "There's our boat." I about lost it. All these years of dreaming of cruising and that dream was about to become a reality. I was soooooooooooooo excited.

The van dropped us off, we got our luggage and bam!, we were on the boat. The first thing we had to do was get our sea passes which was how we paid for everything onboard. After we showed our passports and got our sea passes, we headed to the 11th floor for lunch. Holy Moly! There was food EVERYWHERE! After lunch we checked out our rooms, threw on our bathing suits and headed to the pools!


It was finally time to disembark so we headed up to the 12th floor to begin our adventure. I felt like any moment I was going to awaken and it was all a dream. It was no dream. Haiti here we come. We spent the rest of the day checking out our ship and trying to get our bearings. There were 14 floors on the ship, so needless to say, we had a lot of exploring to do. We ended the night with a fabulous buffet and just sat on the deck watching the sunset and listening to the sounds of the ocean. But at near midnight, the promenade came alive with a spectacular parade.



I was so glad I stayed awake for the parade. I knew right then and there it was going to be the time of our lives.

No comments: