Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Cruise Day 2

Monday, June 21, 2010

We woke up bright and early, by we I mean David and myself, showered and went outside. It was the most amazing site to be seen. The majority of the ship was still asleep so David asked if I wanted to just relax and watch the ocean or go to deck 5 and go all the way to the very forward of the ship which happened to be where the heliport was. I wanted to go to the most forward part of the ship and take it all in. Cuba was off in the distance and the sun had just risen. It was VERY windy on deck 5 but I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. I couldn't believe my eyes.
Contemplating life

The ocean was amazing and seeing the ship just cut through the waves was unbelievable. Seriously, I could have spent the entire cruise just watching the ocean. David and I spent many mornings in that same spot and just enjoyed our time being us and one with nature. We had lots of discussions about our life, the past, the present and the future. We made a vow to start planning cruise number 2 as soon as we returned, and have pretty much made that decision. I couldn't believe that my husband was enjoying the trip as much as me! After about an hour, we decided to go back to see if any of the kids were up and were hungry. We once again headed up to the 11th floor for our buffet breakfast. HOLY MOLY, a girl could sure get used to these buffets. I think the best part of the buffets was being able to eat overlooking the ocean every meal. Once again the food did not disappoint. I absolutely fell in love with the hashbrowns they served. Seriously, while everybody else was talking about lobster, steak, shrimp, etc., I was praising the hashbrowns! Day 2 was entirely spent at sea, so all we did was lounge around at the pool. No phones, no emails, no nothing, just me and my family spending time together. It doesn't get any better than this!
Big Bro Little Bro having a blast
Me sis and brother-in-law
The stars of the show my Mom and Dad

I had heard all about the cool towel animals that the staff constructed each night and couldn't wait to see what animal was waiting for us. Each night after dinner I eagerly opened our room door to see what was waiting for us. Here is what we found on this night.
My friend "Ellie"

Wow what a wonderful day. Next up Day 3 and Labadee, Haiti.

1 comment:

akoto said...

Your first day post didn't show up on my blog updates for some reason, but these posts are great. The photos are amazing. Can't wait to read more!