Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday, Janet

Well, today is my sister Janet's birthday. There are only two of us and we are thirteen years apart. Today she starts her 37th year on earth which means that in a couple of months I start my 50th! When I started college, she started kindergarten. Strange, I know. She was a HUGE Star Wars fan growing up. I will never forget running around town one Christmas hunting down the coveted Millenium Falcon for her. I will never forget the spring after she got the Millenium Falcon my car broke down. The tow truck finally came and she would NOT leave that toy in the car while it was being towed. It HAD to ride in the truck with us. Years later she passed on her beloved Star Wars collection to her nephew Stephen. Imagine the horror on my face when I walked into Steve's room one day and saw Darth Vader's head on Luke Skywalker's body! Steve was kind of like Syd in Toy Story and loved to recreate characters. Janet was a good sport about it, but never let Steve have any more of her toys:) Janet, I hope this year proves to be an especially happy one for you. Happy Birthday and don't forget to take some time to smell the flowers.

No comments: