Thursday, May 14, 2009

26 Years Ago Today......

.....I became a wife. Today David and I celebrate 26 years together. As I look back on the past 26 years, it has not been easy. We endured a lot of heartache, disappointments, and major meltdowns. We have also celebrated lots of smiles, successes and moments of shear bliss. At work today, a lot of the "younger" generation asked me how we've survived that long together. I replied, "Lots of hard work, and I mean lots of hard work, learning to compromise, learning to be patient (this one I am STILL working on), agreeing to disagree, remembering to say I Love You (even when you don't feel like saying it), not being afraid to keep your individualism, taking time for yourself, and having a good sense of humor." I must admit there are some things my husband has learned very well. He learned to never disagree with me in the last trimester of pregnancy, he learned most things are his fault (even if they're not), he learned to duck when the "Jersey Girl" comes out, he learned that no matter how hard he tries some days there is just no pleasing a woman. What has made it last 26 years?? The refusal to give up or just plain being too stubborn to get a divorce. JKJKJKJK!!!LOL!!!! To David, I know I can be a royal pain in the butt some days. I know I test your patience daily, ok, sometimes hourly. I know there have been times when it would have been easier to go then stay. I know you love me and the kids more than your own life. I thank you for not giving up on us. I thank you for fighting for our family. I thank you for allowing me to vent on a daily basis, okay, again hourly basis. I love how you you still give me compliments even though I shoot them down before they even leave your mouth. I love you and know there isn't another man in this world for me. Thank you for being who you are and for loving me unconditionally. (As long as you remember I am always right, the next 26 years will be amazing!!!) Love you to the moon and back and then around the world a zillion times.

1 comment:

akoto said...

Happy Anniversary! :D