Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day


Today David and I made our yearly trek to Fort Snelling to visit his father's grave after I got off work. It has become a tradition since we moved to MN. There is a place right across the street from Ft. Snelling that sells flowers. You can not plant anything in the ground so we always buy something each year. If you have never been to a national cemetary, it is amazing and very emotional. The thought that all those selfless people fought for our freedom is just overwhelming. David's dad retired as a Lt. Col. in the airforce and fought in the Korean War. David's dad died when David was only 21. He never had the privilege to know his grandchildren and vice versa. His name is Charles Leighton Hunt, and I am proud to call him my father-in-law.

1 comment:

akoto said...

Happy Memorial Day! I didn't even realize it was today/this weekend until right about now.