Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Two More

Apparently while I was at work yesterday, Mama Fish continued to pop out the babies. Jen was able to capture 2 more so that brings our total in the grow tank to 12. I have decided my heart can not take much more of trying to save the guppies, so we are going to get a second tank--one for girls, one for boys. I was like a crazed mad woman trying to save the babies. All 12 little ones are eating well and I swear already look bigger. I will try and get a picture of them. And just for the record, we also have 5 robin nests under our deck with 2-3 VERY HUNGRY babies peeping for food. We also had our first nest of rabbits this year. They made their nest in the ground under a bush on the side of our house. We are apparently known to the animal world as a safe house for birthing. Could have something to do with the million pounds of food I feed them each year!!!!

1 comment:

akoto said...

This is way too cute. Just so you know, they will probably pop out a few more batches of babies even after you separate them, but it will taper off eventually.

I'm totally imagining all of the critters there breaking out into "Zippedee doo daa! Zippedee-yay!"