Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

As I type this and try to think back to 25 years ago and my first Mother's Day, I still get tears in my eyes. I still remember the joy of having my first child, Stephen, placed in my arms. The joy continued with Angela, Jennifer, Jeffrey, Brian and Antonio. I wish I could have experienced that joy with Lilly, but I know she is flying high protecting all of us. To this day I get lots of questions, Are you Catholic, Did you want that many kids, How did you do it, How did you keep your sanity, If you had it to do all over again would you STILL have THAT MANY KIDS??? So now I get to turn the tables a bit on this Mother's Day. I could not be the mother I am if I did not have the greatest kids on the face of this earth. To my children, thank you!!! You were all so very much wanted. I think it is funny how you guys are getting older and asking me how I did it. I never thought twice about doing it. I can remember grocery shopping with a six year old, a four year old, a 2.5 year old and a newborn. People looked at me like I was crazy, some even looked at me in disgust. I looked at you and said, "Thank you, God". Raising a large family is not for everyone. For me, it was what I always dreamed of doing. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have learned so much because of my children. And next May, I get to experience my first Mother's Day as a grandma!!!! I hope all Mom's out there have a terrific day. I am looking forward to spending a relaxing day with the kids. And to all you people wondering how I did it, 5 words of advice--a good sense of humor. After all, laughter is the best medicine.

1 comment:

Jen said...

We'd be nothing without you! Happy Mother's Day!